April 14, 2017
Fighting cancer often requires more than medical treatment – patients need help with everything from transportation to discussing the diagnosis with their family and colleagues. The Maryland Proton Treatment Center (MPTC) Clinical Social Worker, Jessica Giordana, LCSW-C, is available to help patients with these needs.
As you begin and continue treatment:
• Explore your family’s strengths and needs.
• Discuss concerns you have about treatment.
• Link you to community support resources.
• Discuss financial limitations and resources.
• Provide supportive counseling/therapy (individual or family).
• Offer special support for pediatric patients, including family and sibling support.
• Assist with housing/transportation difficulties.
• Help with creating or adjusting Advanced Directives.
• Work with your medical team to help you receive the best care possible!
As you prepare for end of treatment:
• Help you plan for your transition back to home or work.
• Help you determine eligibility for financial assistance.
• Make referrals to individual therapists or support groups that fit your needs.
• Celebrate your completion of proton radiation therapy and help you look toward the future!
If you are interested in receiving these services, please call 410-369-5256.