Pradip P. Amin, MD
Education and Training
1968-1970, Pre-Med: Elphinstone College, University of Bombay, India
1970-1974, Med: T.N.Medical College, University of Bombay, India
1975-1976, Internship: T.N.Medical College, B.Y.L.NairHospital, Bombay, India
Post Graduate Education & Training:
1976-1976, Surgical Residency: B.Y.L.Nair Hospital, Bombay, India
1977-1978, Rotating Internship: University of Louisville, School of Medicine, Louisville, Kentucky
1978-1981, Residency: Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
1980-1981, Chief Resident: Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
Dr. Amin’s research efforts are mainly focused on prostate cancer and brachytherapy applications in various tumor sites. Further refinement of interstitial thermotherapy in conjunction with interstitial brachytherapy is also another research endeavor.
1. DiBiase SJ, Hussain A, Kataria R, Amin P, Bassi S, Dawson N, and Kwok Y. Long-term results of a prospective, phase II study of long-term androgen ablation, pelvic radiotherapy, brachytherapy boost and adjuvan docetaxel in patients with high-Risk prostate cancer. International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, Vol. 81, Issue 3, pp 732-736, November, 2011.
2. Amin, P.P.. Naslund, M., Vyas, S. Permanent Brachytherapy of Prostates With Median Lobe Hyperplasia. “Brachytherapy”, Vol. 10, No. 3, Supplement 1, pp 589, May-June, 2011.
3. Hussain A, Wu Y, Mirmiran A, DiBiase S, Goloubeva O, Bridges, Mannuel H, Engstrom C, Dawson N, Amin P and Kwok Y. Long-term follow-up of a prospective trial of trimodality therapy of weekly paclitaxel, radiation and androgen deprivation in high risk prostate cancer with or without prior prostatectomy. International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, Vol. 82, Issue 1, pp 167-174, January, 2012.
4. Mahmood, U., Errens, M., Zimrin, Hanna, N., Amin, P.P., The Remarkably Distensible Stomach: Case report highlighting the implications of gastric filling on radiation treatment planning for gastric lymphoma. “Practical Radiation Oncology”, Vol. 2, Issue 4, pp 265-269, October, 2012.
5. Boggs, D.H., Guerrero, M, Patel, K., Chen, S., Moeslein, F., Amin, P.P., Vujaskovic Z.: Pelvic local recurrent in a patient with muscle-invasive bladder cancer treated with interstitial Thermal therapy and interstitial brachytherapy. “Practical Radiation Oncology, Oct-Sept, 2015; 5(5):e483-7. doi: 10.1016/j.prro.2016.04.001. [Epub 2015 June 6]. ahead of print].
6. Rutenberg, M.S., Meister, M., Amin, P.P., Hussain, A., Naslund, M.J, Kwok, Y..: Salvage external beam radiotherapy for locally recurrent prostate cancer after definitive brachytherapy. “Brachytherapy, Nov-Dec, 2016; 15(6):722-729. doi: 10.1016/j.brachy.2016.08.004.